• "Before I felt like I was asphyxiating, like there was no more air, but now I don’t get that sensation."
• "Before when I had my clothes drying they would absorb all the smoke, but now my clothes are cleaner."
• "Before my baby girl took ash from the fire and got her clothes dirty but not anymore."
• "Sometimes I couldn’t prepare food for my son to take to school, but now I always do because I can
cook faster and save money to buy more food."
• "I do other types of work like beading with the extra time. Before I made 1 or 2 bracelets in a day, but
now I make three."
• "Above all my family is together more now. Before I did not invite the kids in the kitchen much due to the
smoke. I was afraid my little girl would grab the cooking plate, but now she can come in as she pleases."
• "Some friends say, “Oh how pretty is your stove!” It makes me happy because the people see that I am
set up well in my kitchen."
• "I am tranquil. I don’t have anything to worry about. It worried me to have my child near the fire before."
• "Before I had headaches from the smoke, but now I only have headaches from my children!"
In the year ahead we will strive to build partnerships with microfinance institutions, generate data on the impact of our work, and consider scaling into different regions. We'd like to attract a broad based movement and will therefore explore social media as a platform to connect people to the experience of participating families in Guatemala. Please stay tuned!